Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Digital Punch Art

I am a huge fan of punch art and love to make a variety of things with it.  You can see some of the previous punch art that I have done here.  The idea for the fire hydrant came from a fellow demo, Andi Potler, and you can see her tutorial on her blog.  I decided to try this with MDS and I think it came out pretty cute.  And what better to go with a fire hydrant that a birthday cake covered in candles.

This card features some punch art birds on a wire.  I love how versatile the ornament punch is when I am doing paper punch art, and it is just as versatile in MDS.  The cropping feature in MDS came in quite handy on this one and the ability to type your own text made this sentiment too funny to pass up.

Another experiment I wanted to try was to make a card in MDS that I had previously done with paper.  In my previous post on punch art I did a frog with a lily pad, so I recreated here.  I have to admit that I like the paper version better because of the shading that sponging gives.  I think the MDS card is cute, but still love manipulating paper to make new images.


Supplies: MDS2 (#130910)

Sale-a-Bration Is Going On NOW!
Sale-a-Bration is an anunal party with loads of free products!  This year it is better than ever... in honor of Stampin' Up! celebrating 25 years.  There are three ways to enjoy:
  1. Host a party: You can get a pack of silver glimmer paper for $150 party, or you can get glimmer paper and a free product bundle for a $400 party.  Plus you still get the everyday hostess benefits.
  2. Shop for yourself: For every $50 in product that you purchase you get to pick one free SAB item.  Spend $100 pick two.  This offer is also valid for anyone shopping at your party.
  3. Join the Stampin' Up! Family: During SAB, you can get 25% more in your starter kit.  You get to choose $156.50 worth or product for only $99.  Whether you want to start your own business or just enjoy this as a hobby, that is a great deal!

No comments: